4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 3:40 PM by mattb

BUG:  FMP Advanced 11

mattb

Summary

BUG:  FMP Advanced 11

Description of the issue

I just upgraded from FMP Advanced 10 to FMP Advanced 11 and tried to do my first compile.  FMP 11 did notlike the .SAV file I had created in FMP 10, so I created a new one under FMP 11.  It saved fine and compiled theprogram fine, but the next time I tried to compile and load the .SAV file created by FMP 11, I got the followingerror message: "File xxx.SAV cannot be loaded" This happens every time and is obviously a BUG.  What's the fix?  I don't want to have re-choose the compilationenvironment every time I do a new compile.  This worked flawlessly under FMP 10, by the way.  Help!

• 1. Re: BUG:  FMP Advanced 11
          Steve Wright

Hi MattB

What OS are you running (im sure this will be asked)

Over the last week, I have done numerous runtime builds on both Windows 7 and Mac 10.6.3 without an issue, each time loading a .sav file with all my settings / binding key and custom closing splash screen.

Im not saying its not an issue by the way, just thought it would be useful to know I don't seem to experience the same problem, so it may be a specific OS related issue or privilege issue.??

• 2. Re: BUG:  FMP Advanced 11
            mattb

>What OS are you running (im sure this will be asked)

I'm using 10.5.8 which I upgraded to in order to use FMP 11 in the first place.  I was previously using 10.5.6 with FMP 10.

Matt Bloomfield

• 3. Re: BUG:  FMP Advanced 11
              TSGal

mattb:

Thank you for your post.

Like "SWS", I was unable to replicate the problem on an iMac running OS X 10.5.8.

For testing purposes, create a new user account.  Log into that account and launch FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced.  Create a new runtime solution and see if the problem occurs.  If not, then you may have a problem with the original user account.

Since the .sav file cannot be loaded, it is possible the .sav file that worked in FileMaker Pro 10 does not work (or get translated) properly with FileMaker Pro 11.  Create a new .sav file and see if you get the same error.

For testing purposes, create a new user account.  Log into that account and launch FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced.  Create a new runtime solution and see if the problem occurs.  If not, then you may have a problem with the original user account.  Try running Disk Utility (under Hard Disk -> Applications -> Utilities) and repair disk permissions.

Please keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: BUG:  FMP Advanced 11
                mattb

TSGal wrote:

Try running Disk Utility (under Hard Disk -> Applications -> Utilities) and repair disk permissions.

Please keep me updated with any progress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, problem solved.  Turns out one of the files in the compile folder didn't have permissions for the

current login.  Once I added the permission to the file, everything reverted back to normal behavior -

i.e. I can load the SAV file now.  Strange thing is that this same condition existed earlier, but FMP 10

was apparently more tolerant of that situation...

Matt Bloomfield