BUG: Can't select transparent objects
OS X 10.8.3
1. A transparent object is an object (typically a box) drawn on a layout with TRANSPARENT FILL COLOR and TRANSPARENT LINE COLOR.
2. These transparent objects are typically used as buttons that are placed on top of other fields or objects.
3. In FileMaker 12.0v1's layout mode, FileMaker Inc. made it impossible to click on objects UNDERNEATH these transparent objects, unless you moved the transparent object out of the way.
4. Thankfully, in layout mode of version 12.0v2 or 12.0v3, FileMaker Inc. changed the behavior of transparent objects partially back to how it was in version 11: where we could click through the CENTER of a transparent object to select the object underneath it.
5. HOWEVER, they DISABLED the ability for us to click on the EDGE of a transparent object to select it. In FileMaker 11 and earlier, we could always click on the EDGE of a transparent object to select the transparent object, and we could click in the MIDDLE of a transparent object to select the object underneath it.
6. Now, because of the problem listed in #5 above, it is very difficult to select transparent objects in layout mode. Please bring back the behavior of how it was in FileMaker 11.
The only workaround is to drag your mouse around the multiple objects (which will highlight all of the objects, including the transparent object), and then shift-click to UNSELECT the visible objects.