One more thing, this also applies to date fields with drop-down calendars.
Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.
I'm not sure why you entered a Pause step. This is what I have done.
1. I created a text field, "DROP DOWN", four static values:
2. I created a second text field, "DISPLAY OLD NEW".
3. I created a script, "OLD VALUE" with the script step:
Set Variable [ $$old ; DROP DOWN ]
4. I created another script, "NEW VALUE" with the script step:
Set Field [ DISPLAY OLD NEW ; $$old & " - " & DROP DOWN ]
5. In Layout Mode, I selected the DROP DOWN field, pulled down the Format menu and selected "Set Script Triggers..."
6. I checked "OnObjectEnter" and selected the script "OLD VALUE"
7. I checked "OnObjectModify" and selected the script "NEW VALUE"
8. I return to Browse Mode, enter the field and select "Paul". DISPLAY OLD NEW shows " - Paul"
9. I click outside DROP DOWN, and then select DROP DOWN again. This time selecting "John". DISPLAY OLD NEW shows "Paul - John"
This should also work for your drop-down calendars with date fields.
Thanks for the reply, and apologies for my late response to you.
The example I described was a simplest case. In reality, the user would click a button, presenting a new window and layout. This would then be in pause mode (allow user abort off) to prevent navigation away from the dialog (i.e. a modal dialog).
Thanks for the explanation.
Yes, it does only seem to occur on Windows. I have forwarded the information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation. When more information becomes available, I will let you know.
To add a tiny bit more info, the drop down is dropping behind the window. If you locate the drop down near the bottom of the floating, modal window so that the drop down will extend beyond the bottom edge of the window, the bottom portion of the dropdown that extends past the bottom edge of the window will be visible.
Has this "bug" been fixed? Here's the link to the original post: http://fm.lithium.com/fm/board/message?board.id=aut&message.id=2410&query.id=224761#M2410
The drop down list works fine in Mac but in WinXP and Vista (have not tried in Win7) the drop down list will not stay viewable if a pause has been placed in the script step. NOTE that this script is being used as a script trigger (onobjectenter).
I can provide sample code if necessary.
Would you like me to add your post to the bottom of the original thread?
That action will float the entire thread to the top of this forum section and will make it easier for readers to access the complete context of your post.
Edit Note: Threads are now merged.
I would be happy to add my post to whatever order in the list is necessary to gain attention. I just don't know how to do this. If you know how, please let me know.
ABQ_Gary (et al):
Thank you for your post.
Our Software Quality Assurance (Testing) department confirmed the issue and it has been sent to Development. No other information is available.
This problem appears to have been fixed with the release of Filemaker 11.