chaseholden

Summary

BUG: WebDirect ignores Center-Tabbed Text

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

Text using Tabs with Tab-center justified alignment is misaligned, way off in WebDirect

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Create text with multiple Tab Stops aligned Center justified in the Ruler
      2. View Form in WebDirect webpage in any browser (I used current Safari)

Expected result

Text centered justification on Tab Stops

Actual result

Text alignment is way off, as if half the appropriate measurements.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

n/a

Configuration information

n/a

Workaround

Separate text into multiple text boxes with different alignments.

screen_2014-03-12_at_10.48.05_PM.png

• 1. Re: BUG: WebDirect ignores Center-Tabbed Text
          TSGal

Chase Holden:

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded your post along with the screen shot to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: BUG: WebDirect ignores Center-Tabbed Text
            TSGal

Chase Holden:

Testing has confirmed that center aligned tabs are not supported at this time in WebDirect.  This is documented at the bottom of page 14 of the WebDirect Guide:

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/13/en/fm13_webdirect_guide.pdf

"FileMaker WebDirect offers limited text styles. Rich text, highlighting, paragraph text styles, and tab stops are not supported."

I recommend you also enter this information into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database file hosted by Development and Product Management where each entry is discussed and considered for inclusion in a future release.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: BUG: WebDirect ignores Center-Tabbed Text
              dkambury

Here's an update: I found this bug with Popover text not justifying properly in WebDirect: left and right justification worked fine, but center justification always appeared right justified in WebDirect, regardless of browser or platform used.

I tried various workarounds such as different fonts, styles, padding, etc., but nothing solved the problem. However, when I switched the theme from my own (I had used Classic as the base for my customized style sheet) to Enlightened, everything justified correctly. It appears that Classic is the problem.

-DK