6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2009 12:20 PM by TSGal

Bug? Filemaker 'ghost' client session

FrancescoScarpa

Summary

Bug? Filemaker 'ghost' client session

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involvedFilemaker server 10Operating System(s) involvedWindows 2003 standard SP2Detailed description of the issueAfter a client close filemaker connection owing to a crash, through filemaker server console i can see that the same client seems to be endlessly connected. If the same client connect to FMS again, there are 2 connections with the same username, account name and IP address.If the first session were working on a record, that record is permanently locked and cannot be modified by the 2nd session or other client. Exact steps to reproduce the issueForce filemaker to close via task manager as if it is crashing and keep a record locked.Expected ResultThe ghost session should be disconnected after some minutes of idle time.Actual ResultGhost session seems to be persistent.Exact text of any error message(s) that appearedGeneral record locking message.Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issueNone.Any workarounds that you have I tried to disconnect manually the ghost client, but it  appear once again after client connect to FMS:I can only restart filemaker server or the entire host machine.