Bunched-up sample data in Replace dialog

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP 12.0v1

Operating system version

OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

If you access the Replace Field Contents dialog from within a field that contains nontraditional linebreak characters, the sample data shown in the dialog is bunched up as shown in the attached image.

In my case, these nontraditional linebreak characters showed up as a value of 10 when the Code() function was applied to them (standard linebreaks are 13 in FileMaker).  I got these in my text field when I imported from a folder of text files whose linebreaks were defined this way.

After I applied a substitute function to turn the Char(10) linebreaks into Char(13) linebreaks, the dialog subsequently showed the first line as sample data, as it should.

Steps to reproduce the problem

For a quick demo, we can use a script step to populate a text field with what looks like return-separated data using Char(10) instead of the usual paragraph marker.  Make it an even number of values to best see the bug.

Example formula: "Apple" & Char(10) & "Banana".  The contents will display as a return-separated list.  Now put the cursor in the field and use Replace Field Contents.

Expected result

Only the first line of the field contents should be shown in the dialog.

Actual result

The middle value is shown instead; if the number of values is even, the middle two values are shown squished into one line.

char10.png

• 1. Re: Bunched-up sample data in Replace dialog
          TSGal

Dillik:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the problem on Mac OS X 10.7.3.  Under Windows, the information is not bunched up.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  I will keep you posted as more information becomes available.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.