Summary

Button bar bug

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS 10.10.5

Description of the issue

It appears that the hover state sometimes has a lag when changing layouts that can cause an erroneous  hover to appear on the wrong button. The problem only seems to occur in conjunction with using the hide object feature. It appears that the when some buttons are hidden, and consequently the buttons move and resize, that the bar sets the hover state for the object that would have been present at the mouse location if it had not been hidden.

Steps to reproduce the problem

This problem seems enhanced by the fact that I have abstracted the entire button setting process with custom functions that reference the object name. The problem does not seem to occur when the object name is not used.

Workaround

None that I know of.

• 1. Re: Button bar bug
          TSGal

Kenneth Piehl:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. I created a database file with a Text field "Field1".

2. On the Layout, I created a Button bar with the default three buttons.

3. I set the hover state to "Red".

4. For each button, I have set "Hide object when" condition of Field1 = "1", Field1 = "2", and Field1="3" for the three buttons, respectively.

5. In Browse mode, I see three buttons.  When I enter "1" into Field1, only two buttons display.

6. Entering values 1, 2, or 3 into Field1 will display two buttons.  Any other value shows three buttons.

What is the custom function you are using?

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Button bar bug
            KennethPiehl

My setup is too complex to describe here. May I send you a file (264KB) that demonstrates the issue?

• 3. Re: Button bar bug
              TSGal

Kenneth Piehl:

Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the sample file.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Button bar bug
                TSGal

Kenneth Piehl:

I have received your file.  Thank you.

I am able to replicate the issue.  It appears the hover state of a non-selected button will appear depending where that non-selected button appears on the layout before the hidden option takes effect.  I'm unsure of my findings, so I have sent your file to our Development and Testing for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Button bar bug
                  philmodjunk

Will this also occur in Windows?

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.