Summary

Button Hiding

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X

Description of the issue

I have two buttons on top of each other. One appears when information is missing (it's not linked to a script) the other is scripted and appears when the fields are filled.

I'm using the Hide object when feature. Interestingly, the clickable button is set to display change the cursor to a hand but fails to do so when hovering. A click is required to make the transformation.

Also, when testing, a hand would sometimes appear even when there was NO script attached (Do Nothing)

• 1. Re: Button Hiding
          TSGal

titanium76:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 14.0.1 on my iMac running Mac OS X 10.10.3.  This is what I have done.

1. I created a button named "No" that is set to "Do Nothing"

2. I created a button named "Yes" that is set to Single Step -> Show Custom Dialog [ "YES" ; "YES ], and checked the option "Change cursor to hand over button".

3. I created a Text field "Checkbox", formatted it as a Checkbox set that includes a value set of "Yes".

4. I selected the "No" button, and in Inspector -> Data -> Hide object when, I set the formula to:   IsEmpty ( Checkbox )

5. I selected the "Yes" button, and in Inspector -> Data -> Hide object when, I set the formula to:   Checkbox = "Yes"

6. I placed the "No" button on top of the "Yes" button.

7. In Browser mode, I see the No button.  I can put my cursor on the button, it remains an arrow, and when I click it, nothing happens.

8. I enter a checkmark in the "Checkbox" field, and now the "Yes" button shows.  When I hover over the button, the cursor changes to a hand, and when I click the button, the dialog box appears with "YES" appearing.

9. I continually checked and unchecked the "Checkbox" field, and I could not get the results you encountered.  Every time, the hand cursor would appear automatically when I hovered over the "Yes" button, and no hand cursor over the "No" button.

-----

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.