7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2013 12:58 PM by philmodjunk

Calculation of previous record results in "?" on and after the 29th record on Filemaker Go

ManuelJrMendoza

Summary

Calculation of previous record results in "?" on and after the 29th record on Filemaker Go

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Not sure how to get it.

Operating system version

iOS 7.0

Description of the issue

The calculation sequence or formula shown below works well in Macbook Pro.  But when the file is transferred into FILEMAKER GO, it produces question marks after the 28th record.

I know this was already raised before but I could not find any answer.  Please help.

Steps to reproduce the problem

This is the calculation sequence i tested in my Mcbook Pro.

For example, creating a running balance calculation based on obtaining balance from previous record using GetNthRecord - 1, fails to display a value after 29 records.

Steps to Reproduce:
      .     Create a database file with the following fields:

Miles (Number)
Starting Balance (Number)
Ending Balance (Calculation Number Unstored = Starting Balance + Miles)

.     Change Starting Balance from Number to Calculation (Number, unstored) with the formula:

If ( Get (RecordNumber) = 1 ; 0 ; GetNthRecord ( Ending Balance ; Get ( RecordNumber) - 1 ) )

.     In Browse Mode, add one record and enter “1” into Miles.
      .     Duplicate the record 40 times.
      .     Transfer the file to Filemaker Go via email.
      .     Launch FileMaker Go, open the file, and look at record 29 and record 30.

Expected result

Record 29 and thereafter should have correct values in the Starting Balance and Ending Balance

Actual result

Question marks, "?", at record 29th onwards for Starting Balance and Ending Balance.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Just the sign "?"

Configuration information

Not that I know of

Workaround

None