Summary

can filemaker be used via ftp to upload files to non filemaker servers

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

mos 10.4

Description of the issue

need to know that it is possible to create FM files for posting on non-filemaker server (ipage in this case) and basic steps outlining process. i have found bits and pieces of information regarding this in knowledgebase  but have not been able to find simple description of process and what is needed  thanks

• 1. Re: can filemaker be used via ftp to upload files to non filemaker servers
          philmodjunk

This is question that would be better served on the Filemaker Pro forum. Report an Issue was intended for reporting problems (Ie. bugs) with the various FileMaker line of products.

What kind of "FM files" do you want to create?

Files that people who don't have FileMaker installed can open and use?

Would a PDF work?

A "runtime" file that works with an executable created by filemaker pro advanced and also made available for download?

• 2. Re: can filemaker be used via ftp to upload files to non filemaker servers
            ThomasWilliams

Hi, yeah i knew i was in wrong place but im knew to FM forums and FM doesn't exactly make it obvious how and where to create new post. searched for about ten min. my goal really is to have a fairly passive and simple site with possibility of demo of music files and downloading of text files/pdfs (im a musician/composer) i have so much experience with using FM (but not in web publishing obviously :D) i just thought i could create a file with layouts mimicking various web pages. im just now beginning to research so i don't even know if my concept is valid  thanks for interest