1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2012 4:34 AM by arnoldkegebein

Can not get my fields to all look the same!

EricJohnson

Summary

Can not get my fields to all look the same!

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

WIN7

Description of the issue

Can not get my fields to all look the same!  I am new at this and I am trying really had but I can not get my field to all look the same in my layout on a tab?  If you take a look at my screen print you will see all of the fields look the same but Social Secruity Number and Martial Status.  Here is the thing all of the other fields are in unform are from the Starter solution DB.  I created the two mentioned above.  However I have using the inspector tool compared the properties of the Fields against each other.  The fields from the Starter DB are all grayed out under appearance in the inspector.  I tried my hardest to mimic this but I can not.  Is there an easy way just to duplicate the setup of the Starter DB fields?  Is there a way to copy over the properties or look or something.  Please forgive me this is my 2cd day with this app.  I think it is awesome but I am stuck.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no errors

Configuration information

none

Workaround

none

Screen_Print.jpg

• 1. Re: Can not get my fields to all look the same!
          arnoldkegebein

Hi Eric, welcome to the FileMaker comunity!

This problem does not appear to be a bug of FileMaker Pro. A better place to ask this question would be the FM Pro Forum.

I am not sure if I understand your problem right. But I will give you some information that might help you with your problem.

The reason why Inspector options are grayed out, could be the selected object is part of a group (multiple objects are combined as a group). You can ungroup objects in the Inspector (Position > Arrange & Align > Group > 2nd button).

FileMaker Pro 12 uses Layout Themes. To copy Themes attribute (its style) use the appripriate buttons in the Inspector: Appearance > Style > 1st/2nd button.

If you look for a way to change the round corners, you can do that in the Inspector as well: Appearance > Graphic > 4 Buttons behind Corner radius.

Regards, Arnold Kegebein