Latest reply on Feb 1, 2011 by davidhead

Summary

Can not open my databases - request for password blocks me

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

I have owned Filemaker since it was FileMaker without the Pro... 1989.
I owned FileMaker, FileMaker Pro, Filemaker Pro 2.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 - and they all converted to the new version without a problem.
I upgraded my Mac to 10.6, and Filemaker is now,for the first time, asking me for a password. I have never had a password on anything related to FileMaker. I tried using Admin but that did not work.
I have not got the foggiest notion what password might have been set, if one was ever set, since I don't put passwords on anything.

I only get the dialogue box when I try to open a database that has relationships. I have primary databases where I store my information (like an address book with all the info on the clients and resources) - then I have the Order Form Databases which draw the information from the these primary databases and all the relationships are set up in these Order Form Databases.  I only have a problem opening the Order Form Databases - not the primary information databases. I go back to Filemaker 6, and all of my files in these older databases open with no problem.

Steps to reproduce the problem

All I have to do is (1) open filemaker 11 (2) double click on any of the databases that have relationships (I call them my order form databases) and I get the dialogue box asking for the password.

Expected result

I want the database to simply open - no password.

Actual result

cant get past the password dialogue box

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

FileMaker logo is on upper left corner of dialogue box
Open " ASE" using: (ASE is my order form database name and stands for Alan Sands Entertainment)
(radio button) Guest Account
(Radio Button) Account Name and Password
Account Name: Alan Sands (already appears - that's my name)
Password: (Blank type-in field)
(Check box) Remember this password in my keychain
(Button) Change Password (Button) Cancel (Button) OK

Configuration information

I simply want to know how to delete the password so there is not a password.

Workaround

primary databases open fine in 11
databases with relationships necessary to use them do not open
Everything still functions as a FileMaker 6 program just fine

Outcomes