1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 1:08 PM by TSGal

Can you add vertical gridlines to a line chart in FM?

henk_de_haan

Summary

Can you add vertical gridlines to a line chart in FM?

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FM 13

Operating system version

OS X

Description of the issue

In a line graph you can add horizontal grid lines via the Chart inspector. Is it also possible to add vertical gridlines? There's no such choice in the Chart inspector. Vertical grid lines would be a great help to beter understand your data, especially if they apply to a large time period (I have a chart for a week's worth of data in one-minute intervals.

• 1. Re: Can you add vertical gridlines to a line chart in FM?
          TSGal

Henk De Haan:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, it is not possible to add vertical gridlines to charting.  FileMaker Pro currently takes the highest and lowest values and bases the chart gridlines based on those values.

I recommend that you enter this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database file that is hosted and monitored by Development and Product Management.  All entries are discussed and considered for possible inclusion in a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.