Summary

CAN"T SHARE FILES

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

I installed FileMaker Pro 11 as well as FileMaker Server 11I am having problems sharing files. Every time I try to share a file using any of Filemaker Network or ODBC/JDBC after clicking on OK, I receive a FileMaker Pro warning dialog box; "Filemaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using Filemaker Pro on this computer."..  I already tried setting the sharing options for the file to ON and OFF using an account with full access. In fact, I have not created another account. The sharing on System Preferences for my computer are all off and I still receive the same dialog box. I don't know what else to do.

• 1. Re: CAN"T SHARE FILES
          philmodjunk

If you are using FileMaker Server to host your files, you do not need to turn on FileMaker sharing on the same computer. You do need to open the files and use Sharing | FileMaker Network, to specify an option other than "no users" in the "Network access to file" portion of this dialog, just leave Network Sharing set to "off". This is a setting for the FileMaker application that you don't need to set unless you plan to use FileMaker Pro to host the files on this machine--something you do not need to do if you have Server installed on it.