1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 1:05 PM by TSGal

Can't access Filemaker 10 Database from Internet Explorer 7

Emac

Summary

Can't access Filemaker 10 Database from Internet Explorer 7

Description of the issue

I just upgraded my Windows XP, SP3 workstation from IE 6 to IE7 and now I can't access my Filemaker database from the URL.  Workstations running IE6 can access it.  I get the main screen but when I click on the database, I am not prompted for username/password and I can't go any further.  We are running Filemaker Server 10 Advanced on a Windows 2003 server using Instant Web Publishing. Thank you Erma MacPhersonmacpel@upmc.edu(412) 390-3331

• 1. Re: Can't access Filemaker 10 Database from Internet Explorer 7
          TSGal

Emac:

Thank you for your post.

This is what I did to try and duplicate the problem.

On Windows Server 2003, I stopped FileMaker Server 10 and launched FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced.  I opened up a test file that is set for Instant Web Publishing.

On My Dell Dimension running Windows XP, SP3, I downloaded Internet Explorer 7, installed it, restarting the computer, launched Internet Explorer 7, and entered the IP address of the Windows 2003 computer.  The file appears in the Instant Web Publishing web page, and I'm able to select it and enter the Admin username with no password.  The file opens without incident.

Is it just this one file that has the problem, or is it every file?

If it is every file, then it appears Internet Explorer 7 did not install correctly on your machine.  I would download the installer run it to install Internet Explorer 7 again.

Do you have any other Windows XP machines that you can also try?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.