3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2008 2:33 PM by RivianWarder

CAN'T CHANGE PRINTERS

RivianWarder

Summary

CAN'T CHANGE PRINTERS

Description of the issue

I have 3 different printers to choose from and File Maker won't change printers (it used to)I'll click print choose the printer I want but even though it shows printing to printer #2 it will always print to printer #1. they are networked printers but i have spent 3 hrs on the phone with our network I.T. guys and other programs (Excel, Word, Etc.) do just fine only File Make will not change printers.

• 1. Re: CAN'T CHANGE PRINTERS
          jsalzer_1

I've always said that, when it comes to printing, FileMaker Pro needs a psychologist.  It has trouble "letting go".  Sometimes, it has trouble letting go of a printer.  Sometimes, it has trouble letting go of a print size.

There are a few things to try:

1)  Quitting and re-starting FileMaker.

If that doesn't work:

2)  Restarting your machine.

If that doesn't work:

3)  Quitting FileMaker, changing your default printer in your system, restarting FileMaker.

If that doesn't work:

4)  Buy FileMaker a security blanket, go home, and see if it will let go in the morning.  Oddly enough, sometimes it just needs a good night's sleep.

:)

• 2. Re: CAN'T CHANGE PRINTERS
            bdam_1

I can confirm this bug as well; I see it all the time; especially in our Citrix environment.  The only thing you can do is this:
            Close FM

In your OS, set the default printer to the one you would like to use

Open your database

Set the printer you want used in File > Print Setup

Print

• 3. Re: CAN'T CHANGE PRINTERS
              RivianWarder

Well I tried that and it did not work... However.. I went into "Print Setup" clicked on "Network" it didn't make any sense so I closed the window by clicking "Ok" and now I can choose any printer i want and it's working fine...

I love my computer.... I love my computer... I love my computer.... (boss will kill me if I huck it out the window.)