Summary

Can't commit new record from popover in WebDirect

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OSX Mavericks

Description of the issue

I have a portal with a create relationship. I've put in a popover for each portal row, containing some fields which are useful for record creation, but are not generally useful when reviewing existing records in the portal.

In FM client, I can create a new record by entering data in the last portal row as normal, then I can also open the popover and add more data. Finally, I can close the popover and commit the record. That all works fine, even if the fields on the popover have validation set to 'not empty' (obviously so long as I don't try to commit before entering data in the required fields).

When viewing the same layout in WebDirect, I can create the record, but when I open the popover and start to enter data in the first field, I find that I cannot edit any other fields, and I cannot close the popover (even with an explicit button object on the popover firing the 'close popover' script step). I also notice that if the field I'm editing should trigger an auto-enter or lookup in another field, those actions are not triggered. I cannot run any other scripts, either by button or from the script menu.

In the end, all I can do is to click 'revert record' from the record menu. In this case, the portal row disappears, and I can then navigate to other portal rows, etc. although the rogue popover stays open until I refresh the layout.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a portal with a create relationship and extra field accessible via a popover. Then go to create a new record when viewing in WebDirect, opening the popover and entering some data, then try to commit the record.

Expected result

A new record/portal row is created, with the data from the portal row (including data in the popover fields.

Actual result

Popover freezes, the only way to continue is to revert the record.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Configuration information

MacMini server running OSX Mavericks and Server 13

Workaround

Don't user popovers.

Popover_Issue.png