Can't de-select "auto-complete using existing values"

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v1

Operating system version

Windows XP

Description of the issue

In a field from a related file: The field was set in 10 to auto-complete based on field values but in 11 I cannot uncheck it. The inspector shows the field correctly as an Edit Box and the auto-complete checkbox is grayed out and unselected. However, in browse mode it uses the auto-complete feature and I don't want it to.

When I change the field to a drop-down list, the auto-complete checkbox turns white and it's checked, but I cannot uncheck it. Every time I click the box, it flashes for a microsecond but it remains checked. Attached image shows the latter drop-down that I cannot uncheck.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Workaround

Delete field and re-place.

auto-complete.jpg

• 1. Re: Can't de-select "auto-complete using existing values"
          philmodjunk

Sounds like your layout and/or file may be damaged. Different versions of FileMaker may tolerate corruption that a different version does not, so that might explain why there was no problem in FileMaker 10.

You might run a recover on your file to see if any issues are reported.

Best practice is to not use recovered files but replace them with undamaged back up copies if at all possible. (You may need to savd a clone of a backup and then import data from your recovered file.)