Summary

Can't Edit Backup Schedules

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

OS X 10.9.5

Description of the issue

When I go to edit a backup schedule in the FMS admin interface, it won't let me get past step 2: "Backup Options". I'm clicking "next" over and over, changing everything I can, restoring defaults, and nothing seems to make it go forward.

It doesn't move past step 2 for existing schedules, or for new schedules.

Steps to reproduce the problem

- Open FMS Admin http://server_address:16001
- Click "Schedules"
- Click the grid icon in the upper-right which hides all of the schedule functions, and then click "Create A Schedule"
- Do whatever you want in step 1.
- Try to click through step 2. It won't do it!

Expected result

The expected result would be that I could edit schedules, you know, through all of the steps, and then be done editing schedules.

Actual result

I get stuck in step two any time I try to edit or create a schedule. This is actually a big problem for us since our backup schedule is backing up to the wrong hard drive, and I can't fix it, or make a replacement schedule that fixes it.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error messages.

Configuration information

We have a very standard one-machine FMS configuration. Webdirect is enabled, also ODBC. Not PHP or XML. We have about 40 simultaneous users at peak.

We have our databases being served from a solid state drive which is distinct from the OS. And we are trying to do backups onto a third drive, though they are currently getting put onto the main OS drive.

Workaround

We are currently manually moving backup files daily from the wrong hard drive location to the proper hard drive location. It is tedious and time-consuming.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-28_at_09.12.23.png

Outcomes