Can't Locatre Tables for Lookpup Files

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Filemaker Pro V11

Operating system version

Windows XP Version 2002

Description of the issue

In creating a new file, in this instance, SSS Quotes, I entered the following items:
      Quote Number      - Auto Enter Serial Number
      Date Entered      - Creation Date, 4 Digit Year, Date
      Date Modified      - Modification Date, 4 Digit Year, Date
      Site ID           - This entry will be used for lookup from a network file Mailing List
      Site          - Lookup from Mailing List “Location when Site ID matches Mailing ID
      When I go to Options and Specify Looked-up value, the Lookup for Field “Site” indicates SSS Quotes with nothing else in the pull down window. In Lookup from related table it says Unknown. When I check the down arrow, I get light grey tones indicating Current Table “”SSS Quotes” --- Under Related Tables and Unrelated Tables
      Under Relationships we get only the SSS Quotes Table and nothing else.
      What am I missing or doing wrong? – and how did I lose the Related Table?
      This file, SSS Quotes,  is not currently on the Server, however, all other files to be looked up are on the server.

• 1. Re: Can't Locatre Tables for Lookpup Files
          philmodjunk

What do you have in Manage | Database | Relationships for this file?

This drop down lists the names of each "box" in Manage | Database | Relationship. If it's not listed in the drop down, then there's no "table occurrence" box on the relationships tab. This is the case even if the table you wish to specify is defined in a different file. In those cases, you'd click the button at far left, bottom of the relationships tab to add a new occurrence, but then you'd use the Data Source drop down to select or add the needed data source table. In your case, you'll likely need to select the add option so that you can find and open the file where you've defined the table from which you want to look up values.