Can't print multiple pages

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10.0v3

Operating system version

10.8.2 Mountain Lion

Description of the issue

Can't print multiple pages.  If I have a 5 page document, it will only print whatever the current page I'm on.  I have to print each page individually.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Normal print procedure,  from window, select Print -- Records Being Browsed.

Expected result

Prints all of the records you have open within that file.  For example I do sales and I have a 5 page quote, I do a search for a specific job/customer quote and it's 5 pages.  I need to print all 5 pages to send to my client and it only prints the current page I'm on.  I have to go and print each individual page.

Actual result

Prints only individual page.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No Error Message.

Workaround

Uninstall mountain lion. I would rather not but I can do that.  I already know the suggested work around is going to be to pony up and buy all new file maker software.  Unfortunately, I am one employee of 7 and I upgraded my machine to mountain lion on my own. Everyone else is on snow leopard or lion.   Upgrading on macs is highly unpopular because of their indifference for older programs to no longer work with the new OS.  In addition to that, the company is not going to spend $1000 plus upgrading everyone to the newest filemaker plus filemaker server.  I'm sure it's a great program, but the return on investment would not be there for what we do.  So, long story short, if I could be spared the "spend the $$ and upgrade your Filemaker" comments, that would be great.  With that said, I assume I can't upgrade just my machine to Filemaker Pro 12 and have it work with Filemaker server 10?

• 1. Re: Can't print multiple pages
          philmodjunk

What printer are you using? Have your tried other printers?

That's not a solution to your problems, but it may be helpful to document which printers are exhibiting this issue or whether printing to any printer will result in this problem.

Have you tried saving your report as a PDF? If that works correctly, you at least have a workaround. If it doesn't, that's additional useful information. Also try printing to a PDF.

• 2. Re: Can't print multiple pages
            JasonMoore

Hi, Thanks.  Yes, when I print to PDF or to any printer in my office, it does the same thing.  It's something to do with the print command prior to printing.   

• 3. Re: Can't print multiple pages
              RickWhitelaw

I have a similar, but not identical problem and it's been consistent since version 10. I'm on 12 now. FM will only print one copy  of a record when I order up a number of copies. All other apps print multiple copies without any problem. My solution is to save as PDF and print from Preview.

• 4. Re: Can't print multiple pages
                JasonMoore

Hello,

I selected best answer by accident.  Yes, I've tried other printers and saving to PDF to no avail.  Right now, I'm remotely connecting to a a computer we have free from a vacancy that is running on snow leopard and I can email myself the pdf's to print.  Also tried reducing the scaling of the page to no avail.  I really don't see any settings I'm missing.  I included a screen shot this time.