1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 10:56 PM by philmodjunk

Can't scroll past top 1/6 of layout with sub-summary section

Jeremiah_Hammond

Summary

Can't scroll past top 1/6 of layout with sub-summary section

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v1

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

A long report layout with many different values in a sub-summary's break field causes the scrollbar in Browse Mode to rebound back to the top 1/6 of the layout if you try to drag the scrollbar from the top of the layout to somewhere beyond the top 1/6.

This 1/6 cutoff probably varies depending on how long the layout is in Browse Mode. I haven't thoroughly tested this with other record sets, so take my opinion here with a grain of salt!

Steps to reproduce the problem

Not sure how to reproduce this from scratch. I have a sample file I can give you that'll demonstrate the issue. The key is how quickly you drag the scrollbar. If you drag very slowly (roughly slower than 1 page/second), you can scroll beyond the top 1/6.

Expected result

Can scroll to any part of the layout no matter how quickly you scroll.

Actual result

Scrolling beyond top 1/6 of the layout rebounds the scrollbar back to top 1/6 if you scroll quickly.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Not Applicable

Configuration information

This same problem occurs on Windows, with this configuration:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, SP1, 64-bit
      FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v1
      FileMaker Server Advanced 12.0.1.178

Workaround

Two workarounds:

1 Add a 1 pixel Body part.

OR

2. Scroll down roughly one page per second. The slower the scrolling, the more likely you can scroll past the top 1/6.

1 2 Previous Next