Thank you for your post.
Under some circumstances with Windows operating system, when a Go To Related Record script step is encountered, the file name disappears from the Window menu. If you are not using a Go To Related Record script step, can you provide more information what is occurring prior to the disappearance of the file from the Window menu?
Under some circumstances with Windows operating system, when a Go To Related Record script step is encountered, the file name disappears from the Window menu.
And those circumstances are?
This issue was reported some time ago in another thread but I don't recall any mention of GTRR in that thread...
One more reason not to use GTRR unless it's truly necessary--if I didn't have several hundred such uses of this once very handy feature already in place... :smileymad:
The "circumstances" vary and are not always clear, since this problem is not always reproducible. These have all occurred on Windows OS.
The original issue saya a new window name would not be listed after a Go To Related Record script step. Other circumstances "seem" to involve opening and closing windows/tables.
I attached the following post to the case back in February which has similar symptoms as this thread:
If you can find a way to duplicate the problem consistently, please let me know!
Having read your post, it's not completely clear what version of GTRR might be a trigger for this bug.
Use it with a specified new window?
Use it to open a file by referring to an external table?
There was a file submitted with the original issue, and I don't have access to that file. From the initial notes, it looks like a table is referenced via a find, a table is closed (don't know if this is the same table or related table), a new window is created but is not listed under the Window menu. I don't see where the Go To Related Record comes into play.
One of the other notes says this seems to occur when "there are many hidden windows".
That's all I have at this point, and I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I have asked for more information, and I'll post it when I get it.
We're experiencing this problem on one of our systems using FileMaker 11 - the other two don't have the problem. One of the two that are working correctly, showing all the windows all the time, is running Windows XP and the other is running Windows 7. On the system that's experiencing this problem, we were originally running Windows XP and had the problem. Since then we've fully rebuilt the system with entirely new hardware and switched to Windows 7 in the process. All of three computers' operating systems are fully updated, as is FileMaker (11.0v3) on all of them. They are all accessing the same database and Filemaker's preferences are identical on all computers except for the User name setting and possibly smart quotes.