AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot access administrative functions due to custom file menu set installed prior to conversion.

Question asked by TimothyNees on Apr 22, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2012 by TSGal

Summary

Cannot access administrative functions due to custom file menu set installed prior to conversion.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

trial version 12

Operating system version

OSX

Description of the issue

upon converting a fairly complex database I found I am unable to do any administrative tasks due to the fact that I cannot access the tools menu as i do in FMpro 11 advanced.  the database loads with its file menu defaults set by me to avoid users accessing the database infrastructure and I am unable to figure out how to change this.

I may need to reconvert the database with the standard menu set installed, please advise.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Convert a database with a default file menu other than standard.  If this is an issue of fmpro 12 vs fmpro12 advanced.  Why would you send a registered user the standard trial?

Expected result

Load trial software, convert database as is. Go to Work

Actual result

Cannot access standard menu set.  Or I just haven't figured it out yet.  there is not Tools menu item, and my custom menu under file has manage deleted.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error, the database functions properly.  Just cannot get into administrative functions.

Outcomes