Cannot access MASTER level password issue

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

9.0 v 3

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.8

Description of the issue

I've used FM since FM2.0 Happily. And I CAN access the data for my database, BUT I cannot access the master level via password. "The account name and password does not match those for any FileMaker account"     What happened?   This has been going on for 2 months now. And I'm limping along, but really need to change some templates/layouts, and cannot do so.      What prompted this problem? I think it happened when we moved all files from the PowerBook Mac onto the new iMac. It's also running Snow Leopard, not Lion.  We update the data most days, so the data from my PowerBook would not be useful.

Expected result

I'd love to get "Change" to work again so I can be on MasterLevel and change layouts.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

"The account name and password does not match those for any FileMaker account"

• 1. Re: Cannot access MASTER level password issue
          philmodjunk

It's been 2 months, but did you are anyone else make any changes in Access privileges?

Do you have any back up copies you can use, perhaps by saving a clone of the back up and importing the data from your current copy?

All we can tell from here is that Filemaker is not accepting the combination of account name and password that you are using, there's no real way we can tell why it is not. All we can do is offer a few guesses.

Passwords are case sensitive. Is the caps lock key down or is there any chance that you are not capitalizing the password correctly?

I think it happened when we moved all files from the PowerBook Mac onto the new iMac.

During the install process a user name is set up for your installation of FileMaker. Is there any chance that you now have a new user name? This user name will be entered as the default account name in the log in dialog so it is at least a possibility that this change means you are entering the correct password but that the default account name (that user name) needs to be changed to a different name before you can open the file with full access permissions.