MarcPercival

Summary

cannot access starter solutions

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

Blank screen, no joy at all. Screen partition box appears with no text in it

• 1. Re: cannot access starter solutions

Marc Percival:

Thank you for posting.

In your FileMaker Pro installation directory there should be an English  Extras folder that contains the starter solution templates. It's  possible that this folder was not created during installation. Have you  tried reinstalling and ensuring that the English language pack is  selected in a custom install?

TSuki
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: cannot access starter solutions
            DataCzar

I too am having this same issue.  I reinstalled the software, with the same results. I verified that the English Extras are installed in the Application folder.  If I go directly to the folder with the Starter Database it will open.  However, when I click on File-->New from Starter solution- Blank screen. Screen partition box appears with no text in it.

Please advise

• 3. Re: cannot access starter solutions
              TSGal

DataCzar:

Thank you for your post.

What operating system are you using?  What version of the operating system?  Are you using FileMaker Pro 11.0v2?  What other applications are running on your computer?  How much memory do you have on your computer?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: cannot access starter solutions
                MarkReed

I too am having this issue

Filemaker Pro Av v 11.0v2 on a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.4

• 5. Re: cannot access starter solutions
                  TSGal

Mark Reed:

Thank you for your post.

What other applications are running on your computer?  How much memory do you have on your computer?  Do you have access to another computer, and if so, try temporarily installing on that computer.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.