Summary

Cannot add new customer to Invoices template

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Yosemite

Description of the issue

The Business>Invoice template worked well when I first set it up by adding customers and services that I already have. When I tried to add a new customer, this problem arose: I just cannot select any new customers to place on an invoice, only one of the original customers will appear. At first I thought it arose from amendments that I made but I went back to the original template and the same happens.

Actual result

See screen shot - I clicked on Yogi bear but got RCGP

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Workaround

None found

Screen_Shot_2015-02-15_at_11.34.37.png

• 1. Re: Cannot add new customer to Invoices template
          TSGal

Kevastan:

Thank you for your post.

If you are selecting a Customer, and a different Customer is displaying, it sounds like the CUSTOMER ID MATCH FIELD is somehow the same for both records.

Go to the "Customer Details" Layout, add the CUSTOMER ID MATCH FIELD field to the layout, go to Browse and compare the field in the RCGP and Yogi Bear records.  Assuming the contents are identical, change the Yogi Bear value to a different value so it does not match the other record values.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Cannot add new customer to Invoices template
            philmodjunk

when I first set it up by adding customers and services that I already have.

Did you import records to do that?

If so, it's possible that you may not have correctly imported those records from whatever file that you imported them. A common user error here that the starter solutions sadly fail to explain is that you need to enable auto-enter options when you import existing contacts so that each new contact gets an ID assigned to it automatically as part of the import.

If that's a possible source of your trouble, see this link: Help importing Excel data into a Filemaker Starter solution