Cannot build runtime on Mac
I am logged in with Admin privileges.
When I go to build the runtime, during the process the error message appears "This file is locked or is in use".
Some files are created, but the runtime solution doesn't work.
I have rebooted my machine and tried to make a runtime from a different FMP db, to no avail.
1. Close all database files that you are going to customize.
2. Choose Tools menu > Developer Utilities.
4. Click Add to locate the files that you want to customize.
6. Select Developer Utilities settings as required. See Setting up files for developer solutions (FileMaker Pro Advanced).
7. For Solution Options, click Specify - Chose Runtime.
9. For Runtime Name, type a name for your runtime application.
10. For Extension, accepted USR.
11. For Bindkey, accepted entry put there by FMP
15. Click OK.
Runtime created with no error message occurring during the process.
During build of the runtime get dialog box appearing with the error message "This file is locked or is in use".
"This file is locked or is in use".
Do you have any database files open at the time you bind your files?
Have you checked your files for possible corruption?
You can run a recover on them and see what problems, if any, are reported.
If a file is found to be damaged, it's better to replace it with an undamaged back up copy if such can be found than to replace it with a recovered copy.