Summary

Cannot connect to Filemaker Server 11 from ONE specific location

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

MAC Snow Leopard

Description of the issue

Upgraded internet service at home. Setup was changed from Motorola modem + netgear router to Arris WTM652 modem/router.
      Since then, it is impossible to access server. I have even disabled the modem/router firewall.
      I can access the server from everywhere else where I try. Even using the same PC but with USB 3G modem, the files on the server are immediately available (FM Pro 9 Advanced)
      Issue can be repeated with FM GO on Iphone and Ipad, when switching from the above mentioned WiFi to 3 G, files change from unavailable to immediately available.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Only happens on my home internet

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error messages, files simply don't show up

Workaround

Swithching to 3G access or connecting to any other internet hotspot

• 1. Re: Cannot connect to Filemaker Server 11 from ONE specific location
          user15307

tropicalviking,

Thank you for your post.  I apologize for the late reply.

I need some clarification to help you.  Is your FileMaker Server on your home network?  

You have isolated the issue to that new router, so I would focus on that. Have you verified port forwarding has been configured on your new router? Are there any features included on this router that might block port 5003?  Have you tried the checking the router's port configuration and rebooting it as well?

I realize it's been some time since your post, so if you have found the cause, please post here so that others having a similar issue can benefit.

TSTuatara

FileMaker, Inc.