Cannot connect to ODBC

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v3

Operating system version

Windows 7 SP1 x64

Description of the issue

Trying to connected to an ODBC data source.

Installed mysql-connector-odbc on a system running Centos 5.4 and Mysql 5.0.77. isql on localhost using odbc works fine.

Installed MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver under Windows 7 SP1. Created a DSN. Test connection works.

Tested ODBC connection with Excel. Works.

Tested ODBC connection with Filemaker. It sees my ODBC Data Source. When I click connect it asks for a username and password (I don't think it should). When I enter the username and password to the mysql database I get "The account and password you entered cannot be used to access the file." Please try again.

Help!

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

The account and password you entered cannot be used to access the file.

• 1. Re: Cannot connect to ODBC
          TSGal

Kevin Johnson:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

Discussing this with other support technicians, we don't have an idea why this is happening.  If the DSN is created and the test connection works, then it should work.  We have sent a message to our Testing departments for some possible insight/guidance.  I will keep you posted.

If you have since found a resolution, please post here so others who encounter similar symptoms can benefit.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Cannot connect to ODBC
            TSGal

Kevin Johnson:

Our Testing department could not reproduce the problem, but they would like to see:

- the export file of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\<DSN>

- test file

- ODBC trace file before and after the bug happened (ODBC Data Source Administrator > Tracing.)

Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send these files.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Cannot connect to ODBC
              MoisesAguilar

Yo tengo el mismo problema....

porfavor si ya tienen como resolver este problema me gustaria que lo publicaran..

Gracias.