Cannot connect to remote hose

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.ov3

Operating system version

Windows 7 SP1

Description of the issue

I am unable to connect to a remote host.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I go to File \ Open Remote. In the ensuing window I click on 'Add' and enter into 'Favorite Hosts' the name of a remote host which I have verified and know to be correct. I click on 'Show all available files for this host'. I click on 'Save'.

Expected result

I expect to see a list of available files for the host.

Actual result

No list appears. It is not possible to connect to the host although the host I previously entered appears under 'Hosts'.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

If, in the 'Network File Path' box, I append to the host address the name of a file I know to be available at the remote host,I get an error message saying the file could not be opened and that either the host is not available or the file is not available on that host, both of these assertions being false.

Configuration information

I contacted the remote host in question and had them check out my  machine. There was nothing wrong with my machine, the firewall was not preventing connection, and they were able to contact my machine without problems. They therefore concluded it must be the version of Filemaker I have that was causing the problem.

Workaround

None.