Agnes B. Riley:
Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the problem on an iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo running Mac OS X 10.7.3. I know it isn't the same, but I currently don't have access to a 2 x 2.66 Dual Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro. I'm well aware that it works correctly on the second machine.
Create a new user account, login to the new user account, launch FileMaker Pro 12.0v1 and try to replicate the problem. If you can't replicate the problem, then we can focus on the original user account. If it also fails in the new user account, I would uninstall and reinstall FileMaker Pro 12.0v1.
If it work in the new user account, run Disk Utility (Hard Disk -> Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility), select the hard disk, and repair disk permissions. Try again.
Remove the Preferences file in the original user account. You will find the file at:
[User Account] -> Library -> Preferences -> com.filemaker.client.pro12.plist
(I'm not 100% sure of the file name as I have FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced installed, and the preference file is named com.filemaker.client.advanced12.plist)
After removal, launch FileMaker Pro so a new preferences file can be created (in case the old one was damaged) and try again.
Keep me updated with any progress.
I'm on Advanced, as well. Sorry for the confusion. I have tried it with another account and the issue is not existent.
Deleting the preference file did not solve the issue. Also, I have some "shadow" files in my preferences folder: http://cloud.zerobluetech.com/1D2Z3U460a2k3F3l0w1F.
Fixed the permissions with Disk Utility; didn't solve the issue.
So, something is bugging it under my account. But funny that it only crashed so far when I deleted a tab panel.
Agnes B. Riley:
Thank you for the screen shot.
There should only be one com.filemaker.client.advanced12.plist file. If you remove the file and the ghost file, are two new preferences files being created on the next launching? If you switch to the new user account, are two preference files (actual and ghost) also created?
I want to join in on this issue.
This is an intermitten error. I can't find the exact reason that will "always produce" this error. But whatever it is that causes, I must be doing it often, because it is driving me "crazy". I have been "sending reports" when it crashes.
So to help solve this issue, here is a link to one of my current empty projects.
How I am producing this error with this above file. In the Desktop | Address Book layout I have created regular buttons to "look like" tab panel buttons. On the other layouts ie: Desktop | Google, I planned on deleting all but one tab and then paste in the "look like" buttons.
Basically I have used the "Starter Solution" for contacts and have modified it with additional tables. I am trying to clean up my addresss book, google contacts, iCloud, etc from all the endless synced duplicates that are replicating all through out my lists. I am going to start my syncing with clean empty files. This project is my backup of each list, just before I erase them.
Hope I've been specific enough and I am willing to do more, just let me know!