1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 5, 2012 8:41 AM by TSGal

Cannot Install FileMaker Server 11.0v3 - Message: FileMaker Pro is running ...

alan.stirling

Summary

Cannot Install FileMaker Server 11.0v3 - Message: FileMaker Pro is running ...

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

11.0v3

Operating system version

Lion 10.7.1 and Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Description of the issue

Each time I try to install FileMaker Pro 11 server, on my MacBook Pro 17" i7, I get the following message: FileMaker Pro is currently running. To install FileMaker Server, first quit FileMaker Pro.

I do not have FMPro running - this happens if I've restarted my machine and the first thing I do is run the FileMaker Server 11 installer.

I've installed FileMaker Server 9 and de-installed it, then installed FileMaker Server 10 and then un-installed it, but I still get the same issue when trying to install FileMaker Server 11.

I don't have this issue if I try to install FileMaker 10 Server - but I don't want to run this with Lion (10.7.1)

Steps to reproduce the problem

Restart MacBook Pro, open FileMaker 11 Server installer, enter admin password then the message appears.

Expected result

I should be able to install FileMaker Server 11 on my MacBook Pro running Lion, without issue

Actual result

I get the message below whenever I try to install. My machine has a Snow leopard boot volume - I get the same message when trying to install FileMaker Server 11 on that volume.  I have tried installing FMS 11.0v1 and FMS 11.0v3 - same issue.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

FileMaker Pro is currently running. To install FileMaker Server, first quit FileMaker Pro.

Configuration information

Apple MacBook Pro, with Lion Boot volume running 10.7.1

Workaround

Not able to install on either boot volume - Lion or Snow Leopard - Do you have any suggestions?

FM_Server_Install-Error_Message.png

• 1. Re: Cannot Install FileMaker Server 11.0v3 - Message: FileMaker Pro is running ...
          TSGal

Alan Stirling:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

I realize more than three months have passed, so if you have found a resolution, then please post here so others who encounter the same symptoms can benefit.

If you haven't resolved this, try installing under a new user account.  Does this work?  Is there someone else using FileMaker Pro on that server under a different user account?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.