Cannot interact with External Container PDF in FMP 14
Operating system version
OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
Description of the issue
I had a solution in testing, hosted in FM 13 (the project began prior to FM 14 release). Last week we moved from testing to production. When we moved to the production server (FMS 14) I changed the containers from embedded to external. The container stores a pdf copy of an invoice.
If I store the PDF as "Interactive content (PDF, MP3, etc)", then I cannot see the file. I can only see the file if I set the container as "Images (JPEG, PNG, BMP, etc)".
I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader, but am still unable to view the PDF in the container.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Use a Mac without Adobe Acrobat.
2. Create an externally stored container field in a hosted file.
3. Set the container field as "Interactive content (PDF, MP3, etc)".
4. Using data from the database (e.g. invoice line items and invoice header), create a PDF document in the temp file (e.g. filemac:/Macintosh HD/var/folders/xz/d3782t5s7pd5j688j0y23jv80000gp/T/S10/Invoice 1.pdf)
5. Import the file into the container field.
View and interact with the PDF in the container field.
Nothing shows in the container field. It looks empty. However, the field does container the pdf file. I have a calc field: INVOICE::hasInvoicePDF = Length ( INVOICE::invoicePDF ) which shows that the container field is receiving the imported data from the temp file.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
No error message appears.
Windows Server 2012 R2
FileMaker Server 14
FileMaker Pro Advanced 14
Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
Preview (used to be able to view container PDFs with Preview).
Adobe Acrobat Reader for Mac