1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 10:56 AM by philmodjunk

Cannot open Filemaker 5.5/7 PRO as main user anymore

bwilson

Summary

Cannot open Filemaker 5.5/7 PRO as main user anymore

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:Filemaker 5.5 / Filemaker 7 Pro Operating System(s) involved:mac osx 10.6.2 Snow Leopard ProblemI can no longer open Filemaker on the mac in the office as the default user. The user has always been able to open and use filemaker without a problem and one day, a couple weeks ago the program would no stopped opening. When attempting to open it, the initial box showing Filemaker loading appears but then quickly poofs away and the program is no longer running. I am not sure on how to reproduce this situation Expected Result:Filemaker to open correctly regardless of the user chosen. Actual Result:Filemaker will not open as the main user Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:As any other user, new or already existant, the program can be opened and used correctly.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programs with no change. Any workarounds that you have found:Logging onto another user account in order to access Filemaker is the only workaround I have discovered.  Thanks in advance,Brandon