Summary

cannot reply to a post

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OSX 10.8.4

Description of the issue

I posted a query and got an email response.  But I now cannot see how I can reply to the respondent.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Can't find a link to reply to a post

Expected result

something

Actual result

none

• 1. Re: cannot reply to a post
          philmodjunk

But if you can go here to post this message, you can sign in and click the subscriptions link to find the list of threads to which you are subscribed. (A thread has to be on this list in order for you to get the email.) You can then click the link in this list to open that thread and reply.

• 2. Re: cannot reply to a post
            LeciaFoston

Thank you Phil.    I think you mean "Permalink" when you say "click on the link" - the only "Link" I could find was "Permalink" - odd!

Why can't the site have the words "Reply to Post" - I didn't have a clue what "Peralink" meant!

Anyway - Permalink seems to have worked as I am able to send you this!

Lecia

• 3. Re: cannot reply to a post
              philmodjunk

Nope. Not what I meant.

If you look at the top right corner of the web page, there's a link in blue labeled "Subscriptions".

Click it and you will get a list of the titles of all threads to which you are "subscribed". You can just click that Title to open the thread so that you can scroll down to the bottom of the thread and enter a reply in the Post A Answer box.

BTW, I don't subscribe to any threads except a few associated with the Known Bugs List. I just check the entries listed in Recent Items to find, open and respond to a thread.

• 4. Re: cannot reply to a post
                LeciaFoston

And thanks for this one.  I seem to be getting the option to reply without having to go to Subscribe ------- I don't know --- I sometimes want to give up!

Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: cannot reply to a post
                  philmodjunk

Yes, you should get that option. But if for some reason it doesn't or you accidentally delete that email, I've shown you an alternative way to find it.

• 6. Re: cannot reply to a post
                    LeciaFoston

And thank you for that alternative way.  will see how I get on - thanks for all your advise and help.

Lecia