Cannot select Favorite Host on Open Remote Window

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v4

Operating system version

OS X 10.7.2

Description of the issue

After launching FileMaker Pro, there are times that I cannot select the favorite host name (IP address) from the Open Remote dialogue window. (Cannot highlight the favorite host name.) This happens pretty often, once I cannot select, can't select until I first quit FileMaker and then relaunch again.
      This has been reported to me from my employees using FMP11.0v4 under OS X 10.6 also.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Launch FileMaker Pro.
      Select Open Remote.
      Favorite Hosts will appear on the favorite hosts window.
      Try to select one but cannot highlight the desired host.

Expected result

Desired favorite host should be able to be highlighted

Actual result

Cannot highlight (select) any of the favorite hosts

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

n/a

Workaround

Quitting FileMaker Pro and relaunching will make it possible to highlight (select) the favorite host without any problem.
      This issue seems to happen occasionally on first launch of FMPro. Haven't had same issue after the second attempt (after quitting and relaunching once.)

• 1. Re: Cannot select Favorite Host on Open Remote Window
          user15307

JoshHawk,

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

It is difficult (and frustrating) to identify the cause of issues that can't be replicated on demand. Since you are able to select your host at times, more detail about the computer configurations would be helpful.

1. What do all the Macs with the issue have in common?  Login Items?  Third-party applications?  Other networked software?

2. Does each client launch FileMaker Pro in the same way?  Are there any opening or startup scripts being used?

TSTuatara

FileMaker, Inc.