Cannot select items from a field with a drop down list

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v2

Operating system version

OS 10.6.4

Description of the issue

I have a lookup field with a dropdown list that will not display the drop down values nor let me select the field in two of approximately 1000 records in the database.

Surprisingly these are not subsequent records, but a record somewhere in the middle of the database and the very latest record created. I suspect that I have a corrupted index on that field. Has anyone encountered a similar problem and is these a simple fix?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Occurs only on newly created records and one other single record in the middle of the database, approximately record 400 of 1000.

Expected result

To be able to chose a value in a foreign table from a pull down list.

Actual result

Cannot select the field by tabbing or placing the cursor in the field or using the pull down arrow.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message

Workaround

Have not found a solution to get values into this field.

• 1. Re: Cannot select items from a field with a drop down list
          philmodjunk

To re-index a single field, find the field definition in Manage | Database | Fields and double-click it. Use storage options to change it to an unindexed field. Click OK until you have exited Manage | Database. Then return to this field definition and turn indexing back on.

You can rebuild all the indexes in a file by importing all the records into a clone of the file or by using Recover in FileMaker 11 with only these options selected:

Copy File Blocks As Is.
          Rebuild Field indexes now.