Case Sensitive Object Names

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v1

Operating system version

MacOS 10.7.3

Description of the issue

When calling layout objects like tabs using the script step GoToObject["Object Name"] the name of the object is case sensitive when the name contains certain characters.
      In sweden we often use swedish characters å, ä and ö, which all is case sensitive when used as object names and GoToObject[].

If a Tabs name is set to "öpp" and a button is set to GoToObject["Öpp"] the script step fails to find the object and activate the tab.

However, is the tab name is "opp" and the button is set to GoToObject["Opp"], then it works. The tab is activated.

My guess, an error in charset case conversion for object names?

This is a serious issue when converting databases from fp7 to fp12 since buttons and scripts that did work in fp7 could fail in fp12. We must test all tabs and more after conversion to make sure the correct case is in use.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1: Create a Tab layout object with 2 tabs

2: Set the second tabs name to "öpp" in the object inspector. (Notice that there is is a lower case o with two dots over it. HTML char is ö)

3: Create a button that performs: GoToObject["Öpp"]. (Notice that there is a upper case O with two dots over it, HTML char Ö)

4: Go to browse mode and click the button

Expected result

The tab should be selected.

Actual result

Nothing is selected.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No Error

• 1. Re: Case Sensitive Object Names
          TSGal

Kalle Samuelsson:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 12.0v1 on both Mac OS X 10.7.3 and Windows XP (SP3).

I have sent your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  I will keep you updated as information becomes available to me.  Until this is resolved, revisit your script steps with Go to Object and make the object case sensitive for the Swedish characters.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.