Certain Custom Menu Items "Unknown" in FMP 13

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMPA 13.0v5

Operating system version

OS X 10.10.2

Description of the issue

Certain menu set items show as "" when I am editing a custom menu. For example, in the View menu set, both "Customize Status Toolbar..." and "Formatting Bar" display as "" when editing. See attached screenshot which shows the actual menu set for the default "Standard FileMaker Menus" and the one on the right which shows the "View Copy" menu set when I attempt to edit it.

Oddly enough, this issue went away after a short period of time (say, 20 minutes). When I went back in to my custom "View" menu set, the 2 items show as "". However, if I create a new menu set from the View menu, the 2 options are there. I did not restart my machine or FMPA 13.

I have also confirmed this issue does not exist in FMPA 13.0v4 (running on OS X 10.9.5)

Workaround

None

Screen_Shot_2015-02-09_at_10.32.04_AM.png

• 1. Re: Certain Custom Menu Items "Unknown" in FMP 13
          TSGal

Landon Porter:

Thank you for your post.

Is this the only file where this occurs?

Was the file created in FileMaker Pro 13 or a prior version?

If you quit and relaunch FileMaker Pro, does the issue still exist?

Please send in a clone of your database file so I can hopefully determine the cause of this issue.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Certain Custom Menu Items "Unknown" in FMP 13
            honeycomb

When the issue occurs, it happens across all files hosted on the install of FM Server. This is the main working file . . . all of the others are supplemental. As such, I don't know if the issue would initially show in another file.

It was built in .fp7 and then converted to .fmp12. I rebuild the .fp7 file from scratch, imported all records from the legacy .fp7 file, then converted to .fmp12.

No, quitting and relaunching FMP does not resolve the issue. It is a Server side issue.

I will work on sending the clone.

• 3. Re: Certain Custom Menu Items "Unknown" in FMP 13
              honeycomb

TSGal,

I am sorry  . . . there has been some cross over. I originally deleted this original post (since I discovered the issue), but it seems you still received it. Furthermore, I have another open issue that I was working with you on. I emailed you earlier today to check in on it and I thought you were responding to that thread. So, my above response was with respect the the other open issue (unstored calc. problems). Sorry. Can you delete this thread?