4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2009 12:05 PM by TSGal

certificate error in web viewer

manet

Summary

certificate error in web viewer

Description of the issue

FMP 903a MacOSX 10.4.10web serveur with URL https://www.epmsi.atih.sante.fr or https://www.epmsi.atih.sante.fr/jsp/admin/login/login.jsp results in a certificate error.No problem with Safari 204 on the same computer. 

• 1. Re: certificate error in web viewer
          TSGal

manet:

Thank you for your post.

With Safari on my Mac with OS X 10.5.6, for both URL's, I receive the message "Safari can't verify the identity of the website xxxxxxxxx".  With Firefox, I receive a similar message (Unable to verify the identity of xxxxxxx as a trusted site).  The Web Viewer will return Bad Server Certificate for these sites.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: certificate error in web viewer
            lance123
               Hi To All,

Is there any way around this issue?  I get the same problem.  This is a real show stopper when you hit it.

Thanks,

Lance
            • 3. Re: certificate error in web viewer
              TSGal

manet and lance123:

I have been informed by our Development and Testing departments that the Web Viewer will not display SSL secured websites that have something wrong with their certificates.  You will receive the "bad server certificate" error message instead of a prompt to ask the user if the site should be loaded.  At this time, no other information is available.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: certificate error in web viewer
                TSGal

baumm:

Thank you for your post.

This issue has been reported to Development and Testing, but no other information is available at this time.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.