Summary

Change text field to pdf file link

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

win 7

Description of the issue

Looking for very specific help.  Moved database from Access (with a links to pdf records) to filemaker.  Current field shows #z:\contracts\2000\abc123.pdf#

How do I specifically change 20,000 records to be clickable in filemaker. 

Currently I can change the field to a container and input manually, but looking for a find/replace or some other method.

**completely new to filemaker**

• 1. Re: Change text field to pdf file link
          philmodjunk

So new that you missed text similar to this in your issue report form:

Report An Issue is intended for Reporting Possible Software bugs. Questions on how to work with FileMaker Pro should be posted in the FM Pro Forum Section. (See tab at top of this screen.)

You can use button setup while in Layout Mode to turn your field into a button. The button can perform the Open URL script step to turn this field into a button that you can click to open the file.

But you could also set up and run a script that loops through your records and uses the file path in this field to insert the PDF into a container feld. This could give you opens OPTIONS for working with the referenced file other than just opening the file in your system's default application for opening PDF files.

• 2. Re: Change text field to pdf file link
            IanTurpin

I guess I didn't pay attention to the area I was posting. Than you for pointing me in the right direction.