Thank you for your post.
Changing the format on the field will not change the field contents. That is, the field will contain the uppercase characters, but the formatting will display Title Case. If you want to change the contents of the field, then perform a Replace on the field with the Calculation to change the contents to Title Case. Assuming the field is named "Description", perform the following steps:
1. Go to Browse Mode and show all records.
2. Put your cursor in the Description field, pull down the Records menu and select "Replace Field Contents..."
3. In the Replace Field Contents window, select the last option "Replace with calculated result:"
4. In the Specify Calculation window, enter: TextStyleAdd ( Description ; TitleCase )
5. Click OK to return to the "Replace Field Contents" window, and click Replace.
The information will now be stored in the field.
Let me know if you need additional clarification.
In the future, please post a usage question to the "Using FileMaker Pro" board. This board, "Report an Issue", is used for problems with the FileMaker Pro application.