MyaMoe

Summary

Changes to External Data Source not reflected under Remote Access

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

I have two macs, both running FileMaker Pro 11.  The database is on one of them, and I access that database from both computers (accessing remotely on the 2nd computer).

The database has several tables.  Some are local and some are External Data Sources (MySQL tables).  I connect via ODBC.

When I make changes to a local table on one computer, they are immediately reflected on the other computer.

If I make changes to a field in a MySQL table from one computer they are not visually reflected on the other computer.  But, you can verify the changes by doing a "find", so the table has been changed.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Open up the database on both computers.  Go to the same layout and same record on both computers.  Make a change on computer #1 and see that it isn't reflected on computer #2.  Then, run a "find" on computer #2 on the changed field--even though the field appears empty, it will be "found".

Expected result

Both computers should display the accurate information.

Actual result

The data appears to not be synchronized, but it is.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Configuration information

None.

Workaround

I have a script that saves a record as a pdf and opens up Adobe Reader.  After I run that script the record shows the accurate data.

• 1. Re: Changes to External Data Source not reflected under Remote Access
          TSGal

MyaMoe:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

Are you still having this issue?  If so, are you using the latest FileMaker Pro update (11.0v3)?

Since no other forum member has responded, this would probably be better handled on a one-to-one basis with our Technical Support department, as they can run through several steps and determine different paths to take depending on your answers.  You can contact our Technical Support department at toll-free 800-325-2747.  If you are outside of North America, please contact the office nearest you.

On the other hand, if you have found a solution, please post here so others can benefit.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.