Changing font size for a global field with instant web publishing

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

v12 advanced

Operating system version

OS X Lion server

Description of the issue

We are using Instant Web Publishing to host a database using Filemaker Server Advanced v12

I'm having a problem with text fromatting on global fields. I can change the font and font size for global fields and this works fine through a browser until I remove field entry in browse mode for the field. It then seems to convert the field to 12 point Helvetica (I think?). I don't get the same problem with non global text fields.

Is this a known bug or am I missing something here?

Steps to reproduce the problem

On a database that uses Instant Web Publishing put global field on a layout. Make the text a large font size (say 24 point). Remove field entry in browse mode.

Expected result

The font and font size entered on the layout to be displayed the same in a browser

Actual result

Text in a browser shows as 12 point helvetica no matter what font or font size was used in the layout

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Screen_shot_2012-10-25_at_16.00.39.png

• 1. Re: Changing font size for a global field with instant web publishing

Martin Harmer:

Thank you for the post.

To attempt to replicate this I created a new database file with a single global text field, and a text label with the same information. I put the font for both as Helvetica 24, removed field entry for browse mode, and then hosted through FileMaker Server 12's Instant Web Publishing. My fonts display the same in FileMaker Pro 12 and through the browser (see screenshot below).

Perhaps, I am missing a step to replicate?

TSFalcon
                    FileMaker, Inc.