When I zoomed in the characters would changed. When I zoomed right in it displayed correctly. When I changed the font from Verdana it displayed correctly. So it may have something to do with FileMaker handling Verdana. My Verdana may be corrupted or maybe an element (such as the tab element) on the layout was corrupted.
Thank you for your post.
Unfortunately, I am unable to replicate the problem on either an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Here are the steps I took:
1. I created a new database file (Test.fp7) on my Mac and set all fields to Verdana 12 point.
2. I then launched FileMaker Go and accessed the file as a guest. All data appears normally.
3. I quit FileMaker Go and closed the file in FileMaker Pro, and used iTunes to move the file to my iPad.
4. I launched FileMaker Go, opened the local file, and the data appears correctly for all characters.
5. I repeated steps 2-4 with my iPhone and iPod touch.
Does this occur with just this one file? That is, create a new database file and see if the problem persists. If so, then reboot your iPad and reinstall the iOS. If not, then run Recover on the FileMaker file and see if the problem continues on the recovered file.