Charts Last data points missing from line chart

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v1

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.4

Description of the issue

When creating a line chart over a large (>1000) number of x-y values, the chart is truncated and doesn't show the entire set of data.

This possibly could be solved by permitting some sort of filtering of data on related records, but I can't figure out how to make that happen.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Happens all the time, no error message, just not all of the data is displayed.

• 1. Re: Charts Last data points missing from line chart
          TSGal

Tom Polgreen:

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded your information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.

Why do you need such a large number of values?  What are you charting?

You can filter the related records either by using another portal based upon an additional field, or you could switch to the other table and find the records that matched the record in the original Library as well as the additional filter.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Charts Last data points missing from line chart
            philmodjunk

Also, most current version of filemaker is 11.0v2 so you might want to visit the download page for the free updater.

• 3. Re: Charts Last data points missing from line chart
              TomPolgreen

TSGal & PhilModjunk,

Thanks for your replies.  I have since upgraded to the newer version.

I have also managed to get the chart connected to a portal using 2 fields instead of one.  The first time I tried to do this, I was not able to do so.  I did not want to switch tables as this would prevent me from easily maneuvering to the next top-level record.

Continuing on this topic though, it would be really nice to have X-Y chart capability in addition to line charts.  That way I could create a true x-axis legend.  At present, I am hiding the x-axis legend by setting the font size to 1, since I couldn't figure out how to suppress it.

The incoming data for this project is a datalog of aircraft parameters taken about 1 second apart.  A typical flight of 4 hours will have about 14,400 records.  While I only want to plot a subset of these records, I need all the data for further analysis.

Tom

• 4. Re: Charts Last data points missing from line chart
                TSGal

Tom Polgreen:

Thanks for the example.  I have also forwarded this information along so they (Development and Testing) can understand why a large number of data points is needed.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.