fredochs

Summary

Checkbox state not changed when tapped in Go Portal

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

I have a checkbox field with two values defined for records in a portal. Often when I tap on the box for either of the values, the state doesn't change in the display. That is, if there is no X in the box before I tap, there is no X after I tap either. Same for when the box is clear. It appears I can get the state to change by tapping on the box for (say) record A and then tapping somewhere in another record so that record A is, I suppose, being committed at that time. Sometimes I seem to be able to get the state to change in the display by zooming in or out. This is not a consistent bug, but happens enough to be a real pain. Probably 25% of the time.

It does NOT appear to be simply a display problem because if I go to another window with a different layout for the table, the data is not changed in that field.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Portal with a checkbox defined for one of the fields. In my case the checkbox has a value list of two items. Tap on one of the checkboxes and intermittently but fairly often the value will not change until you move to another portal record.

Note this does NOT happen with FileMaker Pro Advanced with the same data base, etc. That is, the state always changes when either checkbox is clicked with the mouse.

Expected result

The state of the checkbox box and value should toggle.

Actual result

It doesn't approx. 25% of the time.

Workaround

Tap on another record. Sometimes zooming in or out on the layout also works.

photo.PNG

• 1. Re: Checkbox state not changed when tapped in Go Portal
          TSGal

Fred Ochs:

Thank you for your post.

Fields formatted as Checkbox or Radio buttons operate slower on iOS devices than they do on Windows or Mac OS computers.  Also, access to these formats tend to be more sensitive as the Checkbox or Radio button needs to be accessed precisely.  Zooming in definitely provides more area for your fingers to access.  Our Development and Testing departments are aware of this issue.

Some users have switched to buttons that executes a script to display the check mark (or remove), as this appears to work quicker with less sensitivity.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.