Summary

checkbox ticks

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

vista

Description of the issue

Is it possible to use a tick mark in checks boxes instead of a cross?

• 1. Re: checkbox ticks
          philmodjunk

Please note that you have asked your question in a part of the forum intended for reporting possible bugs in the software. Had you posted in the FM Pro Forum section (see tab at top of screen), your question would be seen by many more people.

You cannot use anything but the "x" in a standard check box format, but if you are willing to invest the time and effort, it is possible to use a tick mark added to your layout as layout text with a conditional format expression that makes it appear and disappear when the tick mark is clicked. You'd also need to use button set up to turn the tick mark characters into buttons so that they can respond to the mouse clicks.

• 2. Re: checkbox ticks
            SJCPS

PhilModJunk, thanks for replying. I thought I may have to do this but just cfhecking if there was an easier way.

Sorry I posted to the wrong forum. I put this down to the poor and confusion layout of the FM forum no. it was difficult finding my way around just to post a message. I would report this to admin if I knew where!!! 

thanks again for replying

• 3. Re: checkbox ticks
              philmodjunk

Many of us have pointed out how easy it is to "get lost" and that more indicators are needed to show people where they are. On the other hand, you should have seen

"If you have a question about how to use a FileMaker product, please post that question to one of the other forums (FileMaker Forum, FileMaker Server Forum or FileMaker Go Forum) that have been set up for that purpose."

right at the top of the form that you filled out to post your question.wink

• 4. Re: checkbox ticks
                SJCPS

thanks once again.. I will pay more attention in future.enlightened

• 5. Re: checkbox ticks
                  philmodjunk

It's a sign post that I recommended be added and one of just a few that the Right Now software permitted--or so I understand from ModMan--the manager at FileMaker who is responsible for this forum. We've made "feature suggestions" to RightNow that they improve the interface design, but haven't seen any results from that. (So for those of you complaining that FileMaker doesn't do anything with your feature requests, perhaps you'll get a short laugh out of the fact that in terms of this forum's software, the show is on the other foot...)