Choosing "Other Color..." causes FileMaker Pro 9 to quit unexpectedly

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

9.0v3

Operating system version

Mac 10.6, 10.5, 10.4

Description of the issue

When wanting to use a color not in the color menu provided by the Mac, Format > Text Color > "Other Color..." Doing this quits FileMaker unexpectedly, requiring me to relaunch it. Upon it relaunching, I'm able to get into the "Other Color" menu for a little while; then it quits unexpectedly again... an endless cycle. I have had this issue on multiple Macs, multiple operating systems and with both PowerPC and Intel processors.

The closest reported issue of this is from this support section "Custom Color creation causes FMP-Advanced (but not FMP) to lockup on the second use in a session."
      I've been unable to find this issue anywhere...

Steps to reproduce the problem

Where you're able to change the text color, go to Format > Text Color > "Other Color..." FileMaker then quits unexpectedly and this has been a recurring problem for several years (and as was mentioned in the 'description of the issue,' it has happened on multiple Macs, multiple operating systems and with both PowerPC and Intel processors.)

Expected result

I would expect the "Colors" menu to open without FM quitting.

Actual result

FileMaker quits unexpectedly.

Configuration information

I have 3 text documents of 3 times FM has quit unexpectedly that I copied from the report that it generates after it crashes. If one would find that they could understand these reports, I will copy the text in.

Workaround

None.

Picture_1.png